Close this search box.

A Jewelry Guide

A jewelry guide on all the different metals, which are good for sensitive skin and which are not hypoallergenic.

14K Gold Filled 

14K Gold Filled jewelry is hypoallergenic and lasts a lifetime as it is tarnish resistant and does not wear out. It is one of the best options as gold-filled jewelry is legally required to contain 5% or 1/20th gold by weight. Made of a solid gold layer, which is bonded to bases such as brass or sterling silver. 14k Gold-filled jewelry is durable under harsh environments, safe to be worn 24/7 on sensitive skin, (it could be worn in the shower while exercising, and it is safe to swim with) and it does not turn the skin green or tarnish.

925 Sterling Silver

The 925 in 925 Sterling Silver means that it is 92.5% pure silver, and the other 7.5% is usually made of copper or other alloys. 925 Sterling Silver is hypoallergenic and is one of the best types of jewelry for sensitive skin. Sterling silver jewelry is usually coated with rhodium, which protects it from tarnishing, and improves durability and looks. Silver jewelry is durable, affordable, and lasts a lifetime, even if worn daily. It can be worn 24/7, in the shower, while exercising, and swimming, without any worries about it tarnishing, turning green, or transferring color onto the skin. 

Solid Gold 

Solid gold jewelry is a great option for its strengthprice, and style. It is easily maintained and cleaned, and it rarely tarnishes making it durable. Gold Jewelry is also hypoallergenic meaning, it is a great option for those with sensitive skin who get allergic reactions from certain metals such as copper and nickel, which 5% of the population are allergic to. 

14k White Gold 

14K white gold jewelry is affordable, tougher than pure gold, and less likely to fade in comparison to platinum. White Gold jewelry lasts an estimate between 1-3 years before it needs replating as the yellow gold might begin to show after being worn for a long time, and the white fades off.